SC State Consolidated Plan Documents and Reports
Amendment to the 2020 Action Plan for the CARES Act - ESG-CV and HOPWA-CV &
Amendment to the State Citizen Participation Plan
The State of South Carolina has prepared a substantial amendment to the 2020 Annual Action Plan for the CARES Act for funding that will be received for ESG and HOPWA from HUD. The State has also prepared an amendment to the State Citizen Participation Plan (CP Plan), as allowed under the CARES Act. Both will be available for public review for 5 days, from May 19 to May 23, 2020.
- Notice to the Public - Availability of the Draft 2020 Action Plan Amendment for the CARES Act and Amended State CP Plan
- 2020 Action Plan CARES Act Amendment for ESG and HOPWA CARES Act Funding (ESG-CV and HOPWA-CV)
- State Citizen Participation Plan - April 2020 Amendment
- ESG - link to SC Department of Administration Office of Economic Opportunity
- HOPWA - link to SC Department of Health & Environmental Control HOPWA Resources Webpage
2020 Action Plan
The State of South Carolina has prepared its 2020 Action Plan, which is necessary for the State to receive 2020 HUD funding for the CDBG, HOME, NHTF, ESG and HOPWA Programs. A public hearing was held on January 23, 2020 to obtain input on the plan and written comments on the plan were accepted from January 6, 2020 through February 4, 2020. Copies of the draft Action Plan and CDBG 2020 Program Description can be downloaded using the links below.
2019 Annual Action Plan
An Annual Action Plan is required by HUD each year of the Consolidated Plan period for the following State Programs to receive 2019 HUD funding: 1) Community Development Block Grant Program administered by the SC Department of Commerce, Grants Administration; 2) HOME Investment Partnerships and National Housing Trust Fund programs administered by the SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority; 3) Emergency Solutions Grants administered by the SC Office of Economic Opportunity; and 4) Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS administered by the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control, STD/HIV Division.
2019 is the fourth year in the current 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan period. The 2019 Plan contains each program’s expected resources, goals for the upcoming Plan year, planned method for distributing funding, as well as information regarding consultation and participation, affordable housing and barriers to affordable housing, homelessness and housing activities pertinent to other special needs, etc. Additional and more detailed program information is contained in program documents available from each administering agency.
Click on the links below to download the 2019 Action Plan and the 2019 CDBG Program Description.
2018 Consolidated Annual Performance Report
The State of South Carolina submitted its Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report, or CAPER, for Program Year 2018 in June 2019. The CAPER covers the State's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME), National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Programs for the period April 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019. Download the draft document by clicking the link below.
Consolidated Plan for Housing and Community Development
HUD requires a new state Consolidated Plan every five years. A new plan was developed for the plan period 2016 through 2020, which included the 2016 CDBG annual plan as described in the 2016 CDBG Program Description. Plans for remaining years of the 2016-2020 Con Plan period were or will be prepared each year in advance of the Program Year start in April. The 2018 Annual Action Plan and the 2018 CDBG Program can be downloaded from the Program Documents page. These will be updated, and updated versions posted, once HUD announces the final 2018 Allocations for South Carolina.
The 2016-2020 Con Plan was submitted to HUD in April 2016 as required, and was then amended to add the newly funded National Housing Trust Fund program to be administered along with HOME by the State Housing Finance & Development Authority. HUD approved the amended 2016-2020 Con Plan in December 2016.
- Substantially amended 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan
- 2018 Annual Action Plan (see above)
For prior Consolidated Plans, annual plans and program plans, click the links below.
- 2018 Annual Action Plan
- 2018 CDBG Program Description
- 2017 Annual Action Plan
- 2017 CDBG Program Description
- 2016 CDBG Program Description
- 2011-2015 Consolidated Plan
- 2011-2015 Consolidated Plan Executive Summary
- 2014 Action Plan
- 2014 CDBG Program Description
- 2014 HOME Action Plan
- 2014 HOPWA Action Plan
- 2014 ESG Action Plan
- 2013 Annual Action Plan
- 2013 CDBG Program Description
- 2012 Annual Action Plan
- 2012 CDBG Program Description
- 2012 HOME Annual Action Plan
- 2012 ESG Annual Action Plan
- 2012 HOPWA Annual Action Plan
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2017 SC CAPER (for PY 4/1/2017 - 3/31/2018)
- 2017 SC CAPER - CDBG Program Attachments
- 2016 CAPER
- CDBG Program Attachments
- 2015-2016 CAPER (including CDBG & ESG Program Attachments)
- 2014-2015 CAPER
- 2014-2015 CAPER Addendum - CDBG Program Attachments
- 2013-2014 Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2013-2014 CAPER Addendum - CDBG Program Attachments
- 2012-2013 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2012-2013 CAPER Addendum - CDBG Program Attachments
- 2011-2012 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2011-2012 CAPER CDBG Program Attachments
State Citizen Participation Plan
- State of SC Citizen Participation Plan - Revised for 2016-2020 Con Plan and Assessment of Fair Housing (AFFH)
Consolidated Plan Amendments
- 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan Substantial Amendment to the to include the National Housing Trust Fund (see above)
- CDBG Federal Recovery Program (CDBG-R) Substantial Amendment
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) Substantial Amendment
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 3 (NSP3) Substantial Amendment
Analysis of Impediments
- 2018 SC Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- State of South Carolina Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice