About SC CDBG
Amendment to the 2021 CDBG Program Description
HUD has announced the 2021 Allocations for CDBG, HOME, ESG and HOPWA. NHTF allocations have not yet been announced. The 2021 Action Plan and the 2021 CDBG Program Description have been revised to reflect actual funding. Changes to the Program Methods of Distribution for HOME, ESG, and HOPWA have been made as indicated in the draft 2021 Action Plan published in January 2021 .
CDBG received almost $1 million less than anticipated and will adjust its Method of Distribution by reducing funding for the Community Infrastructure Program. This represents a substantial amendment to the 2021 Action Plan and the State is again making the 2021 Action Plan and 2021 CDBG Program Description available for public review. In accordance with the State's Citizen Participation Plan, the draft documents will be available for 30 days, from March 10, 2021 through April 8, 2021. Please click the links below to download the documents.
- 2021 Annual Action Plan - Substantially Amended
- 2021 CDBG Program Description - Substantially Amended
Written comments can be submitted via email to email@example.com or mailed to the SC Department of Commerce, 1201 Main Street Suite 1600, Columbia, SC 29201.
2021 CDBG Program Description
The State of South Carolina prepared its 2021 Annual Action Plan, as required by HUD each year of the Consolidated Plan period in order for the State to receive funding for the CDBG, HOME, National Housing Trust Fund, Emergency Solutions and HOPWA Programs. The CDBG Program Description represents the State's annual plan for distributing 2021 CDBG funding, and pertinent sections are summarized in the Annual Action Plan. Click the links below to download the 2021 CDBG Program documents.
2021 CDBG Program and Applications
- 2021 CDBG Program Description
- 2021 CDBG Application Guidelines - NEW
- 2021 Community Development Application Request form (MS Word)
- Business Development Application Request (MS Word)
- CDBG Eligible Activities
- 2021 CDBG Income Limits - effective June 1, 2021 for surveys conducted June 1, 2021 and later
- 2020 CDBG Income Limits - effective July 1, 2020 - May 31, 2021
- 2019 CDBG Income Limits - effective June 29, 2019 - June 30, 2020
- 2018 CDBG Income Limits (updated June 2018 for 0-30% extremely low income limits)
- 2017 CDBG Income Limits
HUD LMI Summary Data (LMISD) - NEW DATA AVAILABLE
- NEW link - HUD Mapping Application - combines HUD LMI and Census ACS Data
HUD has published new LMI data based on the 2011-2015 ACS Census Data. The data is effective June 29, 2019. There is one spreadsheet for Local Governments and one for Block Groups. Both contain data for the entire country. Download the spreadsheet and filter for South Carolina.
Prior Year Programs
- 2020 CDBG Program Description
- 2020 CDBG Application Guidelines
- 2019 CDBG Program Description
- 2019 CDBG Application Guidelines
- 2018 CDBG Program Description (revised for actual allocation)
- 2018 Application Guidelines (revised for actual allocation)
- 2018 Application Guidelines Attachments (See also request forms, eligible activities, & income limits below)
- 2017 CDBG Application Guidelines
- 2017 CDBG Program Description
CDBG Manuals, Policy Guidance and Forms
Fair Housing - "Shared Opportunity in Every Community"
New resources are available to help promote Fair Housing Month. Go to Fair Housing resources.