The State of South Carolina, in conjunction with its HUD Consolidated Plan partner agencies, has prepared a draft 2017 Annual Action Plan. This annual Plan is required by HUD each year to receive funding under each of the following Consolidated Plan programs: CDBG Community Development Block Grant, HOME Investment Partnerships, NHTF National Housing Trust Fund, ESG Emergency Shelter Grants, and HOPWA Housing Opportunities for Persons with HIV/AIDs. Note that this is the first year that the National Housing Trust Fund is inluded in the Annual Action Plan and HUD has just approved an amendment to the five-year Consolidated Plan to include the NHTF. The State Housing Authority will administer the NHTF in conjunction with the HOME Program.
The draft Plan contains a summary of each program's individual annual plan and can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. The draft CDBG plan for 2017 can also be downloaded by clicking on the CDBG Program Description link below. See partner agency websites for their draft Plans.
- Click here to download the Notice to the Public
- Click here to download the Draft 2017 Annual Action Plan
- Click here to download the Draft 2017 CDBG Program Description
Written comments on the Plan are encouraged and will be accepted from January 9, 2017 through 5pm on February 7, 2017. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the SC Department of Commerce, Grants Administration, 1201 Main Street, Suite 1600, Columbia, SC 29201.
A public hearing to obtain input on the 2017 Annual Action Plan will be held on January 26, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. in Columbia, SC at 1201 Main Street, 3rd Floor Conference Room. For more information, contact the SC Department of Commerce, Grants Administration, 1201 Main Street, Suite 1600, Columbia, SC 29201, email jnewlands@SCCommerce.com, or call (803) 734-0429 / TYY 711.
Consolidated Plan for Housing and Community Development
HUD requires a new state Consolidated Plan every five years. A new plan was developed for the plan period 2016 through 2020, which included the 2016 CDBG annual plan as described in the 2016 CDBG Program Description. Plans for remaining years of the 2016-2020 Con Plan period will be prepared each year in advance of the Program Year start in April. The draft 2017 Annual Action Plan and the draft 2017 CDBG Program have been prepared and can be downloaded by clicking on the links above.
The 2016-2020 Con Plan was submitted to HUD in April 2016 as required, and was then amended to add the newly funded National Housing Trust Fund program to be administered along with HOME by the State Housing Finance & Development Authority. HUD approved the amended 2016-2020 Con Plan in December 2016.
- Click here to download the substantially amended 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan
- Click here to download the 2016 CDBG Program Description
For prior Consolidated Plans and annual plans, click the links below.
- 2011-2015 Consolidated Plan
- 2011-2015 Consolidated Plan Executive Summary
- 2014 Action Plan
- 2014 CDBG Program Description
- 2014 HOME Action Plan
- 2014 HOPWA Action Plan
- 2014 ESG Action Plan
- 2013 Annual Action Plan
- 2013 CDBG Program Description
- 2012 Annual Action Plan
- 2012 CDBG Program Description
- 2012 HOME Annual Action Plan
- 2012 ESG Annual Action Plan
- 2012 HOPWA Annual Action Plan
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2015-2016 CAPER (including CDBG & ESG Program Attachments)
- 2014-2015 CAPER
- 2014-2015 CAPER Addendum - CDBG Program Attachments
- 2013-2014 Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2013-2014 CAPER Addendum - CDBG Program Attachments
- 2012-2013 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2012-2013 CAPER Addendum - CDBG Program Attachments
- 2011-2012 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- 2011-2012 CAPER CDBG Program Attachments
State Citizen Participation Plan
Consolidated Plan Amendments
- 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan Substantial Amendment to the to include the National Housing Trust Fund (see above)
- CDBG Federal Recovery Program (CDBG-R) Substantial Amendment
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) Substantial Amendment
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program 3 (NSP3) Substantial Amendment
Analysis of Impediments
- State of South Carolina Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice